Sunday, 8 June 2014

SAT - It's over! :)

That smiley face is back up there next to the title - I finally took the SAT yesterday!

So, how did it go?
Well, the essay was good. I was able to write 2 entire pages with some time to spare to read over the essay.
Math was easy for the most part, I think I got only 1 question wrong.
Writing went pretty well too, but I think I got 1-3 wrong.
Critical Reading - this was the section that I was the most nervous about. The vocabulary part was pretty good, though I know I missed a couple. As for the passage based comprehension, no idea. I did the best that I could and I'll just have to hope for the best. I didn't omit any questions at all, but now I'm thinking I should have maybe omitted a couple.

I was able to manage my time well - in all of the 10 sections, I had time to check my answers. In math, I was able to check all of them, in writing most of them and in reading, the ones that I weren't so sure of.

Overall, I think the test went well! In fact, there was a school drill in between the test so the test got over about half an hour later than it was supposed to!

After the test, we went to IKEA (aka home & organization heaven!) to look for some furniture - I might get a bed/desk from there! Oh, and had some $1 frozen yogurt there too (which by the way, is super delicious)

Now what? I have to study for the ACT, which is next Saturday! I resumed ACT prep today (put it on hold because of the SAT) and so far, so good. I'll probably do a 5 3 day countdown for that too!

That's it! Thanks a TON for reading this post! Did any of you take the SAT/have any other final? Or anyone you know? If so, how did you/they do? Make sure you subscribe/follow (buttons in the right sidebar) so you know when I post next! Thanks! :)

-Kavya :)
"Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is for you." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll try to reply as soon as I can! :)