Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Crazy Closet Clutter Cleanout! :)

As there are a LOT of pictures in this post, it may take a while to load! 

*Hi! Welcome to my blog if you're visiting from the "Hit Me with Your Best Shot" link party #8" Or the "Monthly Organizing Link Party (February) at IHeartOrganizing"!
 Hope you enjoy my post! Feel free to look around some more! If you would like to know a little more about me, click here!*

What is the #1 disorganized place in your house/room? For me, it's my closet! Honestly, a disaster won't even begin to describe how bad it is! Well, I finally decided to do a Crazy Closet Clutter Cleanout! (Alliteration much?) I did a while back & it took me a few hours. (Wish I had got this up earlier but I've been extremely busy with finals! (By the way, there is a "Finals Frenzy" series!)

Anyways, here's it is! I tried to use as many pictures as I could! :) I think "A picture is worth a thousand words" works here! Also, sorry if the page loaded slowly!

Before:










Nothing less than a massive mess! (By the way, I did not clean/reorganize the third drawer - it was clean enough for me! - it does look a little messy but the thing is all of my Indian clothes are just bulky!)

I decided to split up the cleanout into steps!

Step #1: I dumped everything into a huge pile!

Step #2: I sorted the huge pile into smaller ones & folded the clothes!

Step #3: I put everything back into their drawers/shelves!


I did the drawers first!

Drawer #1: Tops!









Drawer #2: Pants/Jeans/Sleepwear!




Shelf #1: (from the top) Swimwear/Misc. items/Travel bags/etc.


1. Sunglasses
2. Scarves
3. Clothes that are too big
4. Purses
5. Hat/Disneyland stuff
6. Swimwear & a bathrobe
7. Misc. 
8. Formal clothes 
9. My frequently used swimwear/accessories





Shelf #2: I emptied it out, placed all the items where they belong & now I keep my school uniform in it! (not pictured because my uniform has my school's name on it)


1. Clothes
2. My old school's uniform
3. Socks
4. Piggy bank
5. Jewellery boxes 
6. My keychain collection and a watch

Shelf #3: Beauty products! I have already done a separate post in this! Click here to read!





And last but not the least, the Large shelf with the rod across it:


Here's all of the items that I either threw/gave away!



After!






So much better right? I love the way it turned out! Well, are you going to clean out anything soon?
Hope this helped/inspired you in some way! Thanks a TON for reading this post!
Make sure you subscribe/follow (buttons in the right sidebar) so you know when I post next! Thanks! :)

-Kavya :)
"You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty." - Cecil Baxter








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll try to reply as soon as I can! :)