Saturday, 4 January 2014

2014 Resolutions! :)

*Welcome to my blog if you're visiting from the  One Project at a Time link party! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you like my blog! Yes, I am a student but in case you were wondering of what my intention a starting a blog is & a little bit about me, click here!* :

Hi!

Well, 2013 just passed us by, quicker than I ever expected it to! How was 2013 for you?


2011-year-resolution
(source)
Since 2014 is here, it's time to make some New Year's Resolutions! When it comes to resolutions, some people are entirely against them - are you one of them? (If not, tell me why! It would be interesting to know!)
Well, I'm not - I consider the mark of the beginning of a new year a time to consider making a few changes here & there!

Feel free to leave your New Year's Resolutions (if you have any, that is) in a comment below! I would LOVE to know! :)


calvin-and-hobbes-New-Years-Resolution
(source)
Anyways, since I'm not like Calvin, here are my resolutions: ;)                              

#1 - Establish a proper sleeping schedule!
School is absolutely crazy for me - now I even have 2 tests a week, finals coming up in a month & school from Monday to Sunday! I sleep at around midnight & wake up at 6:30 in the morning. It may seem like a decent amount of sleep, but most of the time, I'm still not feeling rejuvenated & wide awake for school!
I have no idea if my biological clock isn't functioning all that well, but I need to make sure it does!

#2 - Slowly go from FAT to FIT!
Exercise. Eating healthy. Weight loss. These 3 probably top the list of all resolutions ever made since people have started making new year's resolutions! Now, I'm not looking to lose weight but fat instead - one step at a time! I'm not setting any numbers for myself, like - "I want to exercise 5 times a week", or "I have to burn at least 800 calories a day" because I know I won't be able to achieve it! I don't even exercise 5 times a month! (Honestly, I think I burn calories now because of stress & laughing - which are not related normally, right?) ;) Here's a humorous quote:
"My New Year's resolution usually starts with the desire to lose between ten and three thousand pounds." - Nia Vardalos
#3 - Record life!
We all can remember events that have occurred, both good and the not-so-good, but I would like to preserve the good ones - either by taking pictures or writing down little things that made me smile/laugh!
Have you ever done something related to this? I've that a lot of people have come up with all sorts of things to preserve memories!

#4 - Change myself for the better!
You might be thinking, what do I mean by changing myself? Well, there are quite a few things about me that I would like to change! I've decided to club them together to make one massive resolution but I could easily split it into 10 smaller ones! It might sound kind of self-centered but if you think about it, it actually isn't! Here are some things I would like to change:
  • Being negative - When it comes to school, I'm positive! However, when it comes to everything else, I can be a complete pessimist! 
  • Being happy only on the outside - to others, I seem pretty happy whereas inside I'm not as happy as I seem to be. I would like to be genuinely happy this year! (And for the rest of my life!)
  • Stop comparing myself with others - I have what I have & I must accept it - accept the way that I am or change it the way I want to, the way that I think it would benefit me! I've realized that comparing myself with others & thinking about "have nots", is a waste of time!          
  • Bringing myself down: Now, when anyone ever says anything bad to me, it has no effect on me at all! But, when I think about my imperfections, I can bring myself down much harder than anyone else can. I am my worst enemy. (sounds kind of deep, doesn't it?) I need to learn to love myself & get past those perfect imperfections! 
  • My level of focus & determination! Since I do have some long term goals that I would love to achieve, I definitely need to be more focused & determined!
#5 - Enjoy life! Live it to the fullest! 
Again, another cliché but I think that if I achieve resolution #4, I will automatically achieve this one too! Sometimes, when you look back to the past , you might regret not doing certain things. You might think - why not? This year, I'm going to try to change my mindset & say "Why not?" Try to do things, big or small, things that I never would have even thought of doing! Live a little more in the present! 
 "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did." - Mark Twain
Those are my resolutions for 2014! Make 2014 the best year of your life yet! :)

Thanks for reading! Again, don't forget to leave yours in a comment down below! Feel free to go ahead & subscribe/follow so you know when I post next! Also, I will do a follow up post as soon as I can on achieving your resolutions (& how I plan on achieving mine too!) Thanks! :)

-Kavya :)
“Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other.” - Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll try to reply as soon as I can! :)