Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Reorganizing: Memorabilia! :)

*Welcome to my blog if you're visiting from the WE Heart Organizing! link party! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you like my blog! Yes, I am a student but in case you were wondering of what my intention a starting a blog is & a little bit about me, click here!* :)

Hi! [Long time no post? Sorry about that! I've been super busy with school - I have 8 chapters to study in 1 week for an exam & I've been a little under the weather too!)]

Recently I reorganized one of my drawers - the one in which I keep memorabilia! You know how much it costed me? Nothing! Nothing at all! It also took me only about 15 minutes!
You can still be organized without spending anything at all - in fact, I think that's one of the best things about organizing!

Here's where the drawer is:

The top one! It is small but there is a very small number of photos in this drawer, instead I keep certain items like cards, books, etc (you'll see!) I would probably need at least 20 drawers if I wanted to store photos in them!

The drawer: Before



Here it is - A big mess! Card on top of card, random notebooks shoved in between, little trinkets here & there, this is definitely NOT organized!

The Re-organizing process: (I decided to break it down into steps!)

Step 1: I took everything out of the drawer and cleaned the drawer a bit.


Step 2: I sorted everything into piles! One each for - cards, notebooks, pics & random stuff!




Step 3: I placed the things in different spots, one by one as shown below:


Pic #1 - Notebooks, Pic #2 - cards & pics, Pic #3 - Other cards (smaller ones), other trinkets! 

That's it! Like I said, it took me only a matter of 15 minutes & didn't cost anything at all!

The drawer: After!



Hope you liked how it turned out! Thanks a TON for reading this post! I hoped it inspired you somehow! Feel free to leave a comment below! Also, please go ahead & subscribe/follow so you know when I post next! Thanks! 

-Kavya :)
"Sometimes you never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll try to reply as soon as I can! :)