Sunday, 28 July 2013

How to Organize: Jewellery :)

Welcome if you're visiting my blog from the Organize It! link party OR "WE" Heart Organizing Challenge! Thanks for stopping by! I hope you enjoy reading my blog! Happy organizing! :)

Sparkly stones, glistening gold, shimmering silver and so much more! If you are a lady reading this post, you  might already know what all of these are found in - Jewellery! (or you probably read the title :P) Having all of your jewellery on a single tray doesn't really help prevent everything from getting tangled or turning it into a big mess! So, to know ways on organizing your jewellery (and how I organize mine), keep on reading! Please read till the end, I've saved the best for last!




*not sponsored, links are non-affiliated, images are from respective websites unless mentioned otherwise, I just wanted to provide links where you could buy the products at the best price! Collages made using Picmonkey.com!* :)

Price breakdown: 
$ = <$10 - $20
$$ = >$20 - $30
$$$ = >$30 

1. Jewel;ery trees/Stands:
  • Pros: Displays your jewellery, can be used for decoration & organization!
  • Cons: Usually a bit more on the expensive side, takes up desktop/dresser/vanity/etc. space
  • Price: $-$$ 
  • Ideal if: You want decoration, organization & have plenty of space to spare! 
  • Products: 
  (Starting from top left corner, clockwise)
3. Earring/Bracelet Stand | $8.90  
4. Black jewelery tree (for necklaces, earrings & bracelets) | $20
2. Hooks/knobs/pins on cork boards:
  • Pros: A great space saver, it also displays your jewellery, can be used for both decoration & organization, you can DIY! 
  • Cons: Hooks/knobs may not be strong enough to support all of your jewellery so you may have to purchase more of them, also you may run out of space too!
  • Ideal if: You want to DIY an organizer while adding your own personal touches to it & don't have a lot of space to spare! 
  • Price: $-$$, depending on the amount you spend on making it!
  • How to: Take a cork board (you can paint it or add wallpaper, etc), fix some hooks/knobs (or even pins for earrings) onto it - a zigzag order would seem the best and hang your pieces up! Framing the board to make it look extra glam is an option too!
  • Ideas: (I tried to find some pictures for inspiration!)
 (Starting from top left corner, clockwise)
1. PollyH | Pinterest
2. PamelaAlexis | Pinterest
3. AsteMarie | Pinterest 
4. Sptoday | Pinterest

 3. Ties holders: (yes, tie holders) - for NECKLACES
  • Pros: Can be hung in your closet, a space saver, can sort by different weights/lengths/colours/etc., inexpensive,
  • Cons: can be used only for necklaces (or ties & belts but they're not jewellery), sometimes necklaces can get tangled (depending on the one you have) but they usually don't! 
  • Ideal if: You have a lot of necklaces and are short on space!
  • Price: $
  • Products:
 (starting from top left corner, clockwise)
1. Tie/Belt organizer | $10.49
2. Twirl-A-Tie organizer (or necklace!) | $2 (better for lighter necklaces instead of chunky ones)
 
My Necklace Organizer! (images are my own)
I have the 1st organizer (in previous picture) but I got mine locally for $4
I twist the necklaces (like if I were to wear them as a bracelet) and store them!
 Here's how I organize it:
On the left side - silver necklaces
On the right side - Gold necklaces
On the belt hooks - Heavier necklaces
 4. Jewelery chests/boxes:
  • Pros: Protect more delicate items better, good if you have a small amount of jewellery 
  • Cons: Tend to occupy more space, much more expensive 
  • Ideal if: Your jewellery collection consists mainly of delicate items!
  • Price: $$$ 
  • Products:


(left to right)

1. Wooden chest | $75
2. Acrylic chest | $109.99


5. Hanging jewellery organizers: 
  • Pros: A major space saver, stores a lot, reasonable price, allows you to see all of your items at once
  • Cons: pockets may not have zippers, not the best for delicate items
  • Ideal if: You are very short on space & have a lot to store! 
  • Price: $
  • Products:


(left to right)

2. Canvas organizer | $13.72

My jewellery organizer (#1 in the previous pic)
Front:
Top (right side top image):
- bangles
- rings
- bracelets
Bottom (right side bottom image):
- chains
-hair accessories

Back:
Top (right side top image):
- watches
- hoop earrings
-earrings
Bottom (right side bottom image)
- more earrings (I was obsessed in 5th grade :P)
- 2 hair ties

You can definitely come up with more ideas too - for example you can use a storage utility box like this - 
 
(A utility box from Creative Options Crafts - I even mention this here!)
Make sure you line the box with felt so your jewelery doesn't get damaged! 
 
That's 5 - or should I say 6? ;) easy ways to organize your jewellery! Thanks a TON for reading! I had a lot of fun writing this post even though it took me a while! Which one's your favourite? Do you have any other ways on how you organize your jewellery? Leave a comment below! I love reading & replying to comments! Also, please go ahead & subscribe so you know when I post next! Thanks! :)

-Kavya :)
 "Confidence is your best accessory. Never leave home without it."



3 comments:

  1. When I originally commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox
    and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the
    same comment. Is there any way you can remove people from that service?

    Bless you!

    my blog post ... Woocommerce themes premium - ,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just uncheck the "notify me when new comments are added" box! I'm not sure, but there should also be sort of link within the email that you get! Again, I don't send those emails myself (automated) but you can still check! Hope that helps! :)

      Delete
  2. There are many ways to go about organizing your closet. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these closet storage solutions  definitely helps you to reduce the space usage. Once again great post man! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll try to reply as soon as I can! :)