Monday, 24 June 2013

How to Organize: School Books :)

*Welcome to my blog if you're visiting from the Organize it! (link party) Thanks for stopping by!* :)

Textbooks and notebooks for class after class - it can get really messy when you don't organize them! You may have to search or your books and this will just waste time (for more organization benefits, click here!)
So, let me tell you some super simple steps to organize you books for school! (If you don't know what this series is click here!)

*not sponsored, links are not affiliated, images belong to me unless mentioned otherwise* :)

Step 1 - Get bookends!
By far the most popular way to organize books is by using bookends. We have probably seen them in libraries before too.
  • Pros: Available in many designs, sturdy, efficient, simple to use, save a lot of space
  • Cons: Price - depends on where you get them but a pair usually costs $8+
  • Price: $$
  • You can get them at any school supply store -  they're very commonly found!
Step 2 - Decide how you want to organize your shelf! (using bookends)
I've used my 11th grade books to show you how using 2 methods:
  • By TYPE of book - textbook, notebook, workbook, etc.
My bookshelf for school (I will get more books eventually)

Close-up (left to right) : Notebooks which I use at home |bookend| School notebooks | Bookend| Extra workbooks & Textbooks organized by subject |bookend| Main textbooks (organized by subject)
  • By SUBJECT:
My bookshelf organized by subject & other books


Close-up of bottom shelf (left to right): Makeshift bookend| English |bookend| Biology| bookend| Math | bookend| Chemistry |bookend| Physics

Top shelf (left to right): 5 subject notebook | Extra notebooks (That are provided by the school)
Step 3 - Keep it organized! 
To motivate yourself to keep your bookshelf organized, it will take you less that 30 seconds to put it back! If you've taken time to take it out, you can definitely put it back, right? 

I know that these methods are simple but sometimes, simple is the way to go! That's it! Are you going to use any of these methods? Or do you use different ones! Leave a comment below! Thanks a TON for reading this post! 

Please make sure you follow or subscribe so you know when I post next! Thanks! 

-Kavya :)
"You don't get anything clean without getting something else dirty" - Cecil Baxter









4 comments:

  1. Hi Kavya,
    I am writing to you from Croatia. Today I found your blog and read the whole thing. I really liked it! I enjoy organizing, and I like the way you write so I will be following your blog. I also like swimming and I am lucky I live by the sea where you can swim from June (sometimes May) till October Keep up with good work! :)
    Sana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sana,
    I'm writing to you from India ;) Thank you so much for reading my blog! Telling me that you really like it means a lot! <3
    You can follow by clicking "join this site" in the right sidebar! Thanks! <3
    I love swimming but not so much in the sea - I prefer pools :)
    Anyways - thanks for commenting!
    Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you come across my blog?

    -Kavya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Kavya,
    I am using Feedly reader and it automatically suggested your blog to me, probably based on my interests (I have several other organizational blogs in my reader).
    Sana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment! I'll try to reply as soon as I can! :)